Join Our Family of Physicians—View Job Openings & Learn More about Our Willmar, MN Practice
If you are looking for a smaller, independently physician-owned, single specialty family medicine practice, consider Family Practice Medical Center.
FPMC is an independent physician-owned single-specialty group, currently with eight Family Practice physicians and four mid-level providers. As a local clinic, we are proud to have served the Willmar and Kandiyohi area since 1976. All physicians are board certified by the AAFP, and up-to-date on NRP & ACLS.
The scope of practice includes the full range of family medicine, including obstetrics, flexible sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, colposcopy, cardiac stress testing, vasectomies, and other office procedures. Physicians follow their own OBs along with hospital care. Our mid-level staff includes Physician Assistants and a Cardiovascular Clinical Nurse Specialist.
Ancillary services include an on-site laboratory, x-rays, mammography, bone densitometry, ultrasounds, radiology therapeutic injections, and CT with MRI available off-site.
FPMC is located in the Lakeland Health Center, attached to Rice Memorial Hospital. The clinic utilizes one and a half floors of the building, which also contains Rice Hospital Cardiac Rehabilitation Services and Willmar Center for Diagnostic Imaging.
Ownership of the building is through a joint business partnership between FPMC physicians and Rice Memorial Hospital, and the imaging center is a partnership between Willmar Center for Diagnostic Imaging, Family Practice Medical Center, Janning ENT, and Allergy & Asthma Specialty Clinic.
Primary health plans include BCBS, Medicare, Medicaid, Medica, PreferredOne, Health Partners, MN Workers Compensation, UCare, and many private insurance carriers.
Secondary and Outreach Coverage
Secondary specialty care is available through independent specialty providers, a multi-specialty clinic located in Willmar, with outreach physicians from Minneapolis, Alexandria, and St. Cloud seeing patients within our facility and community.
Rice Memorial Hospital is a recently remodeled, city-owned facility with a 134-licensed bed count. The hospital has updated ER, ICU, OB, and Radiology suites with specialty coverage including OB/GYN, Anesthesiology, Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, and Pathology.
Compensation and Benefits
First year competitive salary, PTO, CEU, and benefit package available.
- A progressive educational system exists, providing both public and private school options. Post-secondary education includes Ridgewater College and many St. Cloud University programs.
- Fine Arts opportunities abound and are represented by many performance groups. These include a community theater, concert and summer band, community orchestra, and community choirs.
- Recreational opportunities include Sibley State Park, walking and bike trails, camping at county and state parks, 300 lakes for fishing and water sports, winter sports areas for skiing and snowmo-biling, excellent hunting for pheasant, small game, deer, waterfowl, and wild turkey.
- Active adult recreation leagues include softball, volleyball, golf, and basketball, with many youth programs through the YMCA or Willmar Recreation & Community Education Department.
- Willmar is only a one-hour drive from St. Cloud and two hours from Minneapolis/St. Paul for other cultural, recreational, and shopping opportunities.
Additional information on FPMC, Willmar, and Kandiyohi County can be requested from our FPMC administration at (320) 231-8672 or the Willmar Area Chamber of Commerce at (320) 235-0300.
The following are current job openings within Family Practice Medical Center, P.A., a clinic specializing in Family Practice medicine. If you believe you are qualified for a position that is listed and would like to apply for employment, please call Human Resources at (320) 231-8472 or fill in the contact form below and we will contact you.